Just because you like punching doesn’t mean you like sewing ;) At the Lodge we use these double-sided thermo-adhesive strips that are pure magic to adhere your punchy to a fabric. Plus their adhesion is superior to any sewing.
- Cut the thermo-adhesive paper according to the dimensions you need. For a 20 cm punchy, cut strips of 5x1cm.
- Preheat the iron to medium temperature, without steam.
- Place the adhesive (rough surface) on the fabric you want to join (paper lining facing upwards).
- Place and hold the iron on the paper lining for 2 seconds. Repeat until the entire surface has been bonded. Let it cool down.
- Press and hold the iron for 8 seconds on each strip until you have joined the whole piece together. (The times given here are for cotton. Iron for only 6 seconds for light fabrics and an additional 2 seconds for thicker fabrics).
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes without touching your project for the adhesive to take full effect.